Father’s Day Gift Ideas —->Unique Gifts for the DADs in Your Life
We love the men in our lives but sometimes they can just be so darn tough to shop for! I’ve definitely had my fair share of failures in past years and it makes me feel pretty bad when I give a gift that is just eh. BUT amongst those failures, I have discovered some shining stars! These are some of my favorites for the Dads in your life:
- Something Sentimental. Guys sometimes get a bum wrap in this department. But in my experience, many guys get weak in the knees for the perfect sentimental gift. Perhaps you can find a Stretch Armstrong or his other favorite childhood toy, put together a basket of his favorite things, or locate that thing he’s been lamenting over selling since you met. How about re-enacting your first date or getting tickets to a local band that covers one of his teenage faves.
- Daddy and Son/Daughter Gifts: Nothing says Happy Father’s Day like something special that Daddy can share with his kid(s.) Perhaps this means setting aside the day for Daddy to teach the kids one of his favorite hobbies. Pick up some accessories to accompany this hobby and make/pack them a special lunch. OR maybe this means tickets to car show, monster Jam or whatever Dad is into. Perhaps it’s a day spent chilling out with the family’s fishing poles at the beach. Maybe Dad is into model cars or boats and typically the kids want nothing to do with this! Maybe there is something that his Dad did with him that you know he would like to now do with his kids. Father’s Day is a great day for everyone in the family to try what dad likes! Whatever it is, think about what Dad would enjoy sharing or passing on to the kids.
- Maybe he is into a different kind of smoking? A mini BBQ Smoker is a great way for him to try out a relaxing and creative new Hobby! Ad a smoker cookbook, tools and smoke chips to make this a great theme gift!
- That THING He has been talking about or longing for. Let’s face it, Dad’s work hard! They deserve to be treated to something special. Close your eyes and imagine THAT THING that your Dad or huband has been talking about wanting or trying. Then get that! Maybe he’s been wanting to try Kayaking, or fishing, or can’t stop talking about the date his favorite band will be in town. And if that thing is a Harley or a new Corvette which is clearly not in the budget then get creative… Is there a Corvette show you can take him too? Maybe a driving experience? Maybe even rent the car or bike for the day! Think about what he’s been talking about then get creative and you are sure to wow hom this year!
- Does your guy like to imbibe? How about a Personalized Pub or Garage sign and/or beer accessories. This also makes a great addition to the man cave, garage, basement or any space he is “allowed” to hang stuff. Or a Kegarator. This is the perfect gift for the beer lover in your life. This is a great starter Kegarator. I’ve done sentimental, clever, and everything in between and this gift remains my husband’s favorite gift ever! Of course only for those guys in your life who are 21 and over and like to drink beer!
- An Experience. Sometimes the greatest give you can give that special guy in your life is your time! Check out great sites like: Groupon, Experience Days, or living social to find a cool experience gift near you! www.experiencedays.com, www.groupon.com, www.livingsocial.com. Maybe your guy is a hardworking husband and Dad who would love a night out with the guys. Go ahead and plan a guys night out for him and give him the greenlight to be completely off duty!
- A Subscription to his favorite magazine. Give the gift of unplugged relaxation. This is good for guys of every generation. There’s nothing like the relaxation of flipping through a magazine filled with information that interests HIM. Choose from a variety of genres and interests.
- Give the gift of health this year with a fitbit or step tracking devive. He will thank you for years to come!
- Hobby Add-Ons. Does Dad have a hobby? or maybe he’s mentioned strating something new. What does he need to go along with this hobby? A new bike or helmet, a kayak and some gear, new tools or fishing equipment? Maybe Dad loves camping and would like some new gear?
- Is your guy a cigar man? A mini humidor makes a great gift!
- And when all else fails, you can still revert to the Gift Card. A gift card is great because the options are virtually endless! He can pick out something he might not typically buy for himself and he doesn’t even have to leave home to order it. Put the gift card in a homemade greeting card and you’ve got yourself a winner!
- Something Homemade. Dads, Grandpas, Godfathers, and the fathers in our lives like homemade gifts too! How about a lovely piece of the children’s art work in a nice frame or shadow box? Maybe the kids built a derby car and want to customize it for Dad? How about a nice sign for his garden, garage or man cave? Put a little thought into it and any dad is sure to love it!
- Something Delicious! Maybe the Dad you are shopping for would like nothing more than an extra special meal! If this is the Big gift, make it over the top at a restaurant you wouldn’t typically visit or maybe his favorite restaurant but with that fancy drink. Maybe dad refers to eat at home so go all out with extra courses and a homespun performance with each one!