SoGAL’s Party Planning 101
Whether you are planning a grand event or a simple at home get-together, every party needs a plan! I’ve been coordinating, planning and running events for years and after 100s of events, I’ve realized, it really just boils down to a few simple steps and a whole lot of Check out my Party Planning 101 guide to get really get the party started and going in the right direction!
- Before you do anything else, close your eyes and envision your event. Quick! What does it look like? What is the goal of this shindig? Whether you are planning a Corporate event or a First Birthday Party there is always a vision. Did you see plastic table cloths and picnic tables? Or chandeliers and caviar? Are you looking for people to meet and mingle, reconnect and relax, or party like they never have before? It’s important to be realistic about your goals and keep this vision in perspective as you plan. This vision will impact all of the decisions you make. Getting a clear vision and/or goal from the get go will make the whole process a lot easier.
- Decide on a Budget next. There are so many party options now for every budget. Deciding a budget from the very beginning will help to keep things in perspective and make your decisions that much easier. Having a total budget will help you narrow your search for a venue, decide on the food and enable you to think about your must haves and things that you really just don’t need. Remember that if you splurge in one area there are lots of ways to save in other areas. Keeping that total budget in mind is important
- Next, it is a great idea to decide on a theme. The theme can be something as simple as choosing a color, pattern , or product. Choosing a theme early will help you narrow in on everything from invitations and decorations to food and entertainment. The theme will help everything really fall into place. (See also, SOGAL’s Party Themes 101 under Party Stuff!
- If you’ve followed those first three tips you are in great shape now. Party planning is all about decisions and time management. Making a check list of all the things you would like to include and do can be really helpful at this point. Set it up with a realistic time line… things to do 4 weeks before, 2 weeks before, 1 week before, 3 days before, day of, etc.
- Let So Good At Life Help! See out great party planning checklist, party tips, recipes and more! Don’t hesitate to email us for additional ideas and party plans and before you know it you will be feeling oh So Good At Life!
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “sogoatliin-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B079FJVPZ8,B01LLSNG1E,B075WPYMB9,B07CKRM6M8,B07FCDXXC8,B00Y12V3H2,B07M7TFZ1Z,B07J634LHS”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “4e8c258611dd3ab18066f88a7db26e01″;