5 FUN Party Ideas for Cotton Candy!
Incredible Cotton Candy! Not just for carnivals any more… Believe it or not, Cotton Candy can make a huge impact on a party or special event. We’ve identified a few Cotton Candy Trends that are sure to be a hit at your next Party or Special Event!
- The Cotton Candy Signature Drink! Perfect for Weddings, Baby Showers, Birthdays, and more! Think outside the pink and explore different cotton candy colors to match your party and theme. This is a great drink idea for kids or adult parties! This makes a really cool presentation and tastes ddddlish! Not sure you have the manpower or extra budget to hire or run a cotton candy machine at the party? No worries, the bagged stuff works great for signature cocktails. You can even have the glasses made up ahead of time by filling each glass with a dollop of the sugary sensation. Just be sure not to store or display it in direct sun or where it will get moist.
- Kids Recipe: Fill the glass with cotton candy then have the kids pour seltzer or even ginger ale over it. The kids will love to watch the candy melt and they probably won’t really even care what it tastes like. Experiment with fruits and seltzers BUT nothing too sugary as the cotton candy is surely sweet enough!
- Adult Recipe: Fill a martini glass with the cotton candy and drizzle with whipped cream vodka. Top off with Seltzer and some berries. Experiment with your own choice of Alcohol, fruits and seltzer, but again nothing too sweet! For a wedding, I think it looks so pretty to have the cotton candy in the glass ready to go and then pour the alcohol and seltzer into it. You can do it the other way around but the cotton candy dissolves quickly and is not as aesthetically pleasing.
- Using Both? Make sure to differentiate the drinks with different glasses and cotton candy colors for adults and kids.
- Glow in the Dark/ Lighted Cotton Candy. Say what? You’ve got it. Glow in the dark Cotton Candy! We need not say more. I was obsessed with this when I was in the party business. We did this for weddings, Sweet 16s, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, School parties, backyard parties, carnivals, you name it! You will need a cotton candy machine for this one. You can purchase the actual lighted candy sticks (see link below) or you can make the candy on the paper cones and then stick the cone into the foam baton (also see link below.) The batons and sticks double as a fun favor the guests can use to dance and play with for the rest of the party. For the least expensive option pop a chunky (the thin ones don’t do much!) lighted glow stick or blinky wand in the paper cone! This is not as dramatic but it works!
- Cotton Candy Centerpieces. What could be better than a beautiful centerpiece that is also edible? Ahhh, nothing: that’s what! The design possibilities are endless and the result will always be delicious! Make sure they are wrapped and they work best in areas out of direct sun or dampness. Simply choose a nice vase, bucket, or whatever matches your theme and fill it with cotton candy cones! You could even buy foam spheres and place them in a vase and pop the sticks in or cut the spheres in half to set on the table in a dome display of cotton candy!
- The Cotton Candy Theme. Combine the attraction of the cotton candy machine with strategically placed cotton candy in pretty containers, clear bags, and clever arrangements for a light- hearted, yet sinfully sweet party theme. Cotton candy looks pretty in clear glass jars (again the bagged stuff can also work here.)
- The Cotton Candy Exit Bar. Exit bars are becoming a must at weddings and special events. Why not let all of your guests feel like a kid again and continue the rush of what was sure to have been an awesome event! The lighted Cotton Candy is also great when people are exiting at night.
Share your Cotton Candy ideas and pictures with us! #SoGALIDI